Stowe Bowl is an 8 lane bowling facility with state-of-the-art equipment and lighting, lounge-style seating, a full bar featuring Vermont’s finest beers and ciders, and a restaurant that prides itself on delivering fresh ingredients to our guests. Our staff is a lively, positive crew who cultivate an enjoyable and fun work environment.
Above all else, we believe that our philosophy of respect and care for our employees and hospitality and customer service towards our guests is what will grow our business and keep our favorite customers coming back. Anyone on this property, guest or employee, should feel welcomed, comfortable and well taken care of.
To apply for any of the positions below, please fill out our job application here.
Breakfast Cook/Buffet Attendant
About this Position
We are seeking a Breakfast Cook who can present a tasteful and attractive breakfast buffet experience for the guests of Sun & Ski Inn and Suites. You will be trained to complete the daily preparation, service set up and break down of the breakfast buffet area according to company established standards. Because customer service and satisfaction are the highest priority, we ask that you maintain a professional appearance and approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner. Competitive pay. Weekend and holiday shifts required.
- Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu. Service duties include: Breakfast Buffet and Special Events
- Maintain the buffet station for breakfasts and assemble all finished food on buffet, refilling as necessary
- Cook all food to proper specifications in a timely manner and ensure quality and freshness of food throughout service.
- Prepare next day's food quantities based on forecasted room counts. Properly measures and portions all food items.
- Keep workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked. Maintain equipment and company safety guidelines and procedures.
- Collect, sort and clean dirty dishes, glassware, tableware and other cooking utensils.
- Complete opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines. Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting customers and answering questions in a friendly manner
- Proactively offer assistance and report service needs, special guest needs, or concerns immediately to Chef Manager
Skills & Qualifications
- 1+ years food service or related experience
- Excellent customer service. Interact with guests in an upbeat and positive manner
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors
- Detail-oriented and productive
- Ability to multi-task in many different areas and work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Independent completion of tasks with minimal supervision
- Good personal hygiene and neat appearance - required
- Reliable transportation
Customer Service Representative Part-Time
About this Position
Stowe Bowl is seeking Customer Service Reps for the front desk reception. The customer service rep has the responsibility of providing an amazing bowling experience to our guests. They greet guests with a smile as they deliver prompt, friendly and efficient service. They are responsible for assigning bowling lanes, distributing shoes, answering phone, directing guests, and monitoring activity on the lanes.
- Greets guests with a smile and provides them with information about the center’s programs, services, promotions, pricing and specials.
- Efficiently and accurately operates all functions of the bowling computer system
- Answers phone with the proper greeting and provides prompt and accurate information
- Ensures maximum utilization of lanes through efficient control of guest flow
- Accurately assigns rental shoes and lanes
- Cleans, sprays and disinfects rental shoes upon return, brushing the soles
- Tracks lane availability and assigns open lanes
- Prepares for leagues and ensure they start on time
- Promptly notifies manager of any lane problems
- Cash Handling: gives proper change and maintains accurate cash drawer
- Assists other employees with miscellaneous duties to prevent delays in guest service
- Operates P/A system
- Promptly assists and responds to all guest questions and seeks help from management and other employees as needed.
- Graciously accommodate all scheduled parties and events
- Effectively manage the Wait-list
- Extend a friendly farewell and invite all guests back to the venue
- Additional tasks as assigned by management throughout the venue
- Must adhere to all policies set forth in the employee manual
Skills & Qualifications
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Must be clean & organized
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Proactive and takes initiative
- General Math Skills
- Constantly required to stand