Stowe Bowl is a brand spanking new 8 lane bowling center with state-of- the- art equipment & lighting, lounge style seating, a full bar featuring Vermont’s finest beers and ciders, and a restaurant that prides itself on delivering fresh ingredients to our guests. Our staff is a lively, positive crew who cultivate an enjoyable and fun work environment.
Above all else, we believe that our philosophy of respect and care for our employees and hospitality and customer service towards our guests is what will grow our business and keep our favorite customers coming back. Anyone on this property, guest or employee, should feel welcomed, comfortable and well taken care of.
About this Position
We are seeking a line cook whose ultimate goal is to provide a fresh, tasteful and attractive looking food dish in a timely fashion. A positive team-oriented attitude is key to contributing to our fun and productive operations. This line cook position will be trained to complete service for both AM and PM shifts and will assist with special events and parties when necessary. While the line cook does not always come into contact with the customer, customer service and satisfaction should always be at top of mind in terms of his or her appearance, hygiene, and interactions with guests. The success and enjoyment of working at our establishment is dependent on the staff person’s ability to live and work by principles of honesty and mutual respect.
- Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu. Service duties include: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Parties and Special Events
- Prepare a variety of foods that meet company standards on quality and timeliness of service
- Arrange sauces and supplementary garnishes for allocated station
- Cover, date and correctly store all bits and pieces and food prep items
- Notify Kitchen Manager in advance of likely shortages
- Serve menu items compliant with established standards
- Use food preparation tools in accordance with manufactures instructions
- Maintain a prepared and sanitary work area at all times
- Keep the work area fresh all through the shift
- Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
- Returns dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas
- Assist with all duties as assigned by Kitchen Manager
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine
- Close the kitchen correctly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations
Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience with food handling and production
- Committed to quality food service
- Efficient and productive